1) Shrimp Zucchini Noodles
- Combine butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable stock, lemon juice and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; stir in zucchini noodles until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
Calories: 235 kcal
2) Thai Chicken Buddha Bowl
FOR THE SPICY PEANUT SAUCE:
- To make the spicy peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, sambal oelek and 2-3 tablespoons water in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook farro according to package instructions; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken stock, sambal oelek, brown sugar and lime juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cornstarch and fish sauce, tossing to coat and letting the chicken absorb the cornstarch.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, shallot and ginger, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock mixture until slightly thickened, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide farro into bowls. Top with chicken, kale, cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, cilantro and peanuts.
- Serve with spicy peanut sauce.
Calories: 503 kcal
3) Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary and parsley.
- Place cauliflower slices in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush each slice with the olive oil mixture on both sides; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan.
Calories: 265 kcal
4) Detox Chicken Soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in thyme and oregano until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Stir in orzo, rosemary and chicken; reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cannellini beans until the kale has wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 403 kcal
5) Spaghetti Squash Chicken Parmesan
FOR THE SPAGHETTI SQUASH:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail and scrape out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place squash, cut-side down, onto the prepared baking dish. Place into oven and roast until tender, about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in breadcrumbs mixture, pressing to coat.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- Preheat oven to broil. Lightly oil a large oven-proof skillet or baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Add spaghetti squash to the prepared skillet or baking dish and layer with chicken and tomato sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place into oven and cook until melted and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Calories: 299 kcal