Breakfast is often called ‘the most important meal of the day’, and for good reason. It improves your energy levels and ability to concentrate in the short term. Despite the benefits of breakfast for your health and wellbeing, many people often skip it, for a variety of reasons. Especially, when you have busy mornings, it becomes harder to spare time for preparing breakfast.
These overnight oats will save your life, it only takes 5 minutes to prepare and is definitely a healthy eating choice in the morning!
1) For Apple Cinnamon flavor:
2) For Banana Nutella flavor:
Making the oats:
- Combine base ingredients in a suitably sized glass or bowl.
- Mix well, cover, and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
Apple Cinnamon option:
- Make the oats as above.
- Core and peel an apple, cut into cubes.
- In a saucepan, dust apples with cinnamon powder, add 1 tablespoon water, mix then cook on medium heat until softened.
- Roughly chop a handful of pecans.
- Top your overnight oats with warm apple cinnamon mixture and pecans.
Banana Nutella option:
- Make the oats as above, but add 1/2 mashed banana and 1 tablespoon cacao powder to base ingredients. If you would like it a little sweeter, simply add some more sweetener.
- To serve, top with other 1/2 banana, hazelnut butter and chopped hazelnuts.