- half of a large avocado
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk of choice
- scant 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice, such as 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or stevia to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- scoop of protein powder, optional
- Peel -the avocado and discard the pit.
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth.
- Feel free to blend in a few coconut milk ice cubes for a super thick and ice-cream-like shake if desired. (To make coconut ice cubes, just freeze canned coconut milk in an ice cube tray. Do not add regular ice cubes, because that would dilute the flavour of the smoothie.)
- Serve cold. Leftovers can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- The recipe makes about 2 cups.
Avocado & Mango Smoothie
one ripe, fresh avocad, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced or one cup frozen
1 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen, diced
3 Tbsp. pineapple juice
one cup almond milk
1 cup ice
- In a blender, add avocado, mango, pineapple, pineapple juice, almond milk, and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Potassium Power Smoothie
ripe, fresh avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
ripe banana, peeled and sliced
one kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 cups fortified soy milk
1 cups ice cubes
- Place avocado, banana, kiwi, soy milk and ice cubes in a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.