Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 300 g Arborio rice
- 200 g gammon visible fat removed and cut into small pieces
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 90 g extra light cream cheese like Philadelphia Lightest
- 1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 30 g Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1.4 L stock made up of 1 chicken and 1 vegetable stock cube and 1.4L of boiling water
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- low-calorie cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the gammon pieces, onion, and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes until the onion begins to soften and the gammon is seared.
- Add the rice and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Begin to ladle in the stock. Add two ladles and stir well. Once the liquid has been absorbed add more and repeat. It will take around 30 minutes to add all the stock.
- While the risotto is cooking, take a separate frying pan and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes until they have some color and set aside.
- When you get to the last few ladles of stock, add mushrooms, white wine vinegar, and Parmesan. Keep stirring well.
- At the end, add the cream cheese and stir a few more times over the heat so it combines well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- 10 MINS
- 38 MINS
- 431 KCAL
Try more risotto Recipes Here.
We have developed this new app that helps you find healthy and low-calorie meals in restaurants based on your nutritional needs, diet, and allergies. Check it out if you are not feeling like cooking and prepping a meal in advance. Here is the link to our app RUDDY!!