If you are vegetarian fan of of Asian Food, this Stir Fried Noodles recipe is the one you need not only because it Asian food but also because it is full of protein, about 45 g!
Nutritional Values for the Stir Fried Noodles
- Calories: 467
- Protein: 45 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbs: 44 g
- 150g pack medium egg noodle
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 100g mangetout, sugarsnaps or frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 85g beansprout
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Place the chicken in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Let sit while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl or large liquid measuring cup, combine the three-quarters of the green onions, the remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce, hoisin, garlic, ginger, and vinegar. Set near the stove. Reserve the remaining green onions for serving.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles until they are about 1 to 2 minutes from done, according to package instructions. They should be very al dente, still a little too firm to eat, but not excessively hard and chewy. Drain and toss with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook until golden and fully cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- To the now-empty skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the vegetables and cook until they begin to brown and soften but are still fairly crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then, add half the scallion mixture and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Put the the noodles. Cook, using tongs to toss the noodles and coat them with the sauce, for 30 seconds.
Add the eggs, sriracha, chicken, and remaining scallion mixture.
Continue to stir fry and toss the noodles, until the eggs are cooked through and the noodles are tender, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle with the reserved green onions.
You prefer to eat your Asian food from Asian restaurants? Check our restaurants’ list on our website Ruddy.
Get into other Fried Noodles recipes on Bare feet in the kitchen.