These Meatless Meatballs are made with lentils and wild rice, and topped with marinara sauce and melted cheese. Great, healthy dinner! It is Healthy Because the amount of Calories is not that high, that is why is considers as it is a healthy Meatless Meatballs
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER SERVING FOR CHEESY MEATLESS MEATBALLS
- Calories: 308 kcal
- Fat: 5g
- Carbs: 50 g
- Protein: 14 g
- 1 bag prepared brown and wild rice (about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- one garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- marinara or tomato sauce
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY MEATLESS MEATBALLS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix rice and lentils in a bowl with the garlic and cumin. Add the flour and breadcrumbs. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Fill a bowl with warm water. Dip your hands in the water; with wet hands, form the crumbly mixture into small egg shaped balls. Add a few drops of oil or water to each meatball as you shape it to help it stick together. Place meatballs on a baking sheet and top each with a knob of oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning and adding more drizzles of oil as necessary.
When toasted on the outside and warmed through, remove from oven and place individual oven-safe bowls. Cover with tomato sauce and cheese and bake on high broil (or microwave) until heated through and cheese is melted.If you like this blog and want to see more please Click here to see our blogs .
If you don’t have the chance to cook at home and would like to discover food that fits your calorie choice; download Ruddy!
If you want to watch video of bout how to prepare Cheesy Meatless Meatball Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Red Pepper Sauce