Here is a delicious hummus recipe, which is way healthier than the one you can buy in a supermarket. With the great flavour of peanut butter, you will enjoy it without feeling guilty about the calories!
NUTRITIONAL VALUES FOR HUMMUS WITH PEANUT BUTTER
Fat: 16 g
Carbs: 17 g
Protein: 8 g
INGREDIENTS FOR HUMMUS WITH PEANUT BUTTER
- 100g of chickpeas
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 150g natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp of plain protein powder
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove of hashed garlic
- 1 tsp of chili pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 30g roasted peanuts
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS WITH PEANUT BUTTER
- Let the chickpeas and ½ tsp of baking soda wait overnight in 5 cms of water.
- Sieve the chickpeas and put them in a pot with 5 cms of water. Boil for 25 minutes until the chickpeas soften. Put 120 mls of liquid aside and let the chickpeas cold.
- Mix the chickpeas, peanut butter, protein powder, lemon juice, oil, honey, garlic, chili pepper and salt with a mixer. If you would like a softer texture, you can add the liquid, which you set aside, by a tbsp each time and mix it.
- Sprinkle roasted peanuts and serve