|Protein||6 g||Fat||1 g|
|Saturates||0.2 g||Sugars||18 g|
- To be sliced
- 2 Aubergines
- 3 Courgettes
- 1 Marrow
- 2 Peppers Bright colors – Orange or Red
- Marinara Sauce
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 1 Stick of celery chopped
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 2 Garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Stock cube of beef or vegetable
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Spray a frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and heat till hot. Throw in the onions and cook until soft. Add in the garlic and herbs and cook for a couple of minutes till the herbs become aromatic.
- Add in the carrot and celery, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring.
- Add in the stock cube, balsamic vinegar, and tin of tomatoes, then fill half of the tin with water and add that also. When the pan starts to bubble turn the heat down to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes – a good time to start slicing your vegetables!
- Once cooked, attack with a stick blender/put into a food processor, and whizz up until smooth. Pour into a large oven-proof dish.
- SLICED VEGETABLES
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Slice the vegetables on the mandolin and place them onto separate plates. You want to layer them in the dish on top of the tomato sauce in a repeating pattern. Work around the edge then does the middle.
- Once finished sprinkle a liberal amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper on top. A few sprays of low-calorie cooking spray and top with a piece of baking parchment/greaseproof paper. This is just to stop the wafer thin slices from catching in the hot oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 190°C – it’s cooked when the tomato sauce bubbles up around the vegetables. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- 20 MINS
- 45 MINS
- 186 KCAL
Visit here for more variety of recipes for Perfect Ratatouille. ” Are you tired and don’t like cooking”, Grab your food just by clicking and exploring our app for low-calorie meals in nearby restaurants. Learn more here RUDDY!!